Mickey Wichinsky turns 90 today

27/11/2012

“It gives me great pleasure in announcing that Mickey Wichinsky our old friend for so many years as reached the grand old age of 90, Mickey celebrates is 90 th birthday today, born in 1922 Mickey as pioneered the casino and gaming industry in Nevada for more than 50 years, on behalf of you all I wish him “Happy Birthday” Mickey.” – Freddy Bailey

Comments (7)

Mazeltov Mickey. Bis 120!

Derek Horwood
Chairman
The United Distributing Co. Ltd.

Derek Horwood
UDC, London
27/11/2012, 15:50

A great man and a great occasion. Sadly most of the people in the industry at the present time have probably never heard of uncle Mickey.

To those of us privileged to have known him going to when he was responsible for getting Bally Slot machines into Nevada, he was and is a giant of the industry.

He is man that has been a true friend as well having time to chat about old and present times.

We salute you Uncle Mickey.

Michael

Michael Green
UDC, London
27/11/2012, 15:51

Mickey – - Truly the Caboose of that special World – until 120 -
Myron and the Sugerman Family

Myron Sugarman
27/11/2012, 15:52

To Mickey Wichinsky, a pioneer and iconic figure in the gaming industry and in the growth of Las Vegas into the great gaming capital of the world, I wish you a HAPPY 90TH BIRTHDAY.

Your friend,

Marc Haim

Marc Haim
27/11/2012, 15:53

Happy birthday Mickey,

I am Bunk’s son in law. Jan, Bunk’s daughter, passed away May 12, 2012. They both loved you dearly.

Richard Brownell 573-873-0900

Richard Brownell
Camdenton, Mo.
05/12/2012, 20:26

I’m sorry to have to report, I’ve just been informed that Mickey passed away early today (February 22nd 2013). I have no further details yet. Good night, old friend.

Pete Hand
Las Vegas
22/02/2013, 20:07

Just 2 days ago I had a wonderful visit with Mickey. It’s hard to describe what a great guy he was and already sorely missed. He loved his family, a great friend to many, and was always out to help the underdog. Of course, he truly had the industry in his blood, way ahead of his time, and a legit industry legend. Thank you Mickey for being such a great friend and mentor. May you rest in peace. My sincere and heartfelt condolences to the Wichinsky family.

George J. Levine
Casino Data Imaging

George Levine
United States
23/02/2013, 05:53

* Required field. All comments are reviewed before appearing.