Phil Mander Loses His Brave Battle

29/11/2017

It is with great sadness that Coin-op Community reports the death of Phil Mander over the weekend.  Phil spent a great deal of his life battling severe ill health and yet despite this, he worked diligently in the industry for a number of companies including JNC, Sega and CVA.

Phil’s funeral will be held at Trowbridge Crematorium at 11.30am on Friday the 15th December and afterwards at Avebury Sports and Social Club.

Many of you will remember last year, in cooperation with Phil’s close friend Terry Farr (pictured with Phil right), Coin-op Community ran a fundraising campaign to ease some of the financial suffering that Phil and his wife Mandy were undergoing due to Phil’s ill health. Together we raised almost £7,000 which made a massive difference.

“Phil was so touched and grateful for all the support from his former colleagues and friends in the industry and the money raised was literally life-changing,” says Terry.

We will bring you a longer tribute to Phil in next week’s newsletter.

Comments (6)

It’s with a sad heart I read of the death of PHIL MANDER. He was one of the good guys and will be missed. God bless you PHIL and may you now forever rest in peace. Deepest condolences are sent to Mandy and all the family. Our thoughts are with you all. GARY & Gloria Newman xx

Gary Newman
29/11/2017, 17:14

I am so sorry to read that Phil has passed away. I had the pleasure of knowing Phil from his “Cosmic” days. As many will say that had the privilege of meeting him, he was certainly one of the nicest people in our crazy industry.
Rest in peace dear friend.
Alastair Tevendale

Alastair Tevendale
Thankfully retired
29/11/2017, 19:02

We are very sorry to hear such sad news. Our thoughts are with Mandy and the family at this very sad time. RIP Phil. Brian & Gloria Scott xx

Brian Scott
Brian Scott Associates
29/11/2017, 20:59

Phil was a good egg! Good memories at A. L.
RIP Phil. David Brown

David Brown
retired
30/11/2017, 11:55

So sorry to hear of Phil’s passing, he was a gent and a pleasure to know. Thoughts are with Phil’s family. RIP Phil x

Joanne Waterland
Sound Leisure
30/11/2017, 16:20

Such sad news to hear about Phil.

I will have fond memories of Phil from my brief but enlightening time with him at CVA.
When I joined the team there in 2004 and even after so long in the industry I was slightly green regarding machine sales,
however Phil helped and encouraged me throughout my brief but enjoyable spell there and his knowledge and enthusiasm even in some of his darkest times of his illness made him stand out from the crowd.
I will miss he’s dry but funny disposition but will always be thankful of his help and encouragement.

my thoughts and those of my family are with Phil and he’s family at this very sad time.

RIP Phil

steve short
Bandai Namco
07/12/2017, 10:22

* Required field. All comments are reviewed before appearing.

Get our newsletter